Free Summer Meals
For many kids, summertime means two things: fun and friends. But when school’s out, that also means that families can’t count on their kids eating meals at school, and already tight family food budgets have to be stretched even further. Parents also know that growing kids have big appetites.
The U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) offers free summer meals to kids across New York City similar to School Lunch and Breakfast Programs, except meals are free to all kids that come to a registered summer meals site.
Summer Meals Programs Details:
- Meals are FREE to children and teens ages 18 and younger who come to a summer meals sites
- Free summer meals will help families save money and stretch their already tight food budgets
- Food served at summer meal sites follows USDA nutrition guidelines and are paid for by the USDA
- Summer meals sites are at safe places for kids to go such as schools, churches, community centers and other places that are safe for kids and teens to go to
- Many sites offer educational and recreational activities that kids of all ages can participate in so they can eat, hang out with friends and take part in activities offered
- Parents don’t need to apply to the program to get a free summer meal for their kids. They can simply bring their child to a summer meals site in their community and their kids can enjoy it without the hassle of having to fill out an application.
Find A Summer Meals Site Near You:
Use this map to locate a free summere meals site. You can also call 3-1-1 or text NYCmeals to 877-877.
View NYC_62713 in a full screen map